Monday, July 18, 2011

Skinny White Bulgarians Performing "Lord, You Are Good"

I didn't really know what to name this post, but the images speak for themselves. You'll enjoy this.

I've recently discovered the Bulgarian praise team, "Ново Поколение" ("New Generation") and, at my request, my husband brought me back several of their CDs last week from Sofia. The kids and I like to get our praise on while tooling around, doing errands. This group really is terrific, and have done several live, sold-out concerts in Bulgaria. Many of their worship songs are original, rather than translations of English ones, but they also do a few well-known songs. One of those, apparently, is "Lord, You are Good" (by Israel Houghton and the New Breed).

My first impression, upon watching the clip below, was "That girl looks awfully white to be doing lead vocals on that song." (Nothing against my fellow melanin-challenged peeps...I'm just sayin.') In fact, I don't recall ever seeing so many skinny white people in one place...singing that song. See for yourself:


And now watch the original version:


It just isn't the same, is it?

No comments: